D-Link Full HD Ultra-Wide View Wi-Fi Camera DCS-2630L Review
D-Link Full HD Ultra-Wide View Wi-Fi Camera DCS-2630L
Keeping tabs on our household is pretty easy with today’s do-it-yourself products. With the D-Link Full HD 180-Degree Wi-Fi DCS-2630L security camera, you place it inside your business or home and you'll have wall-to-wall security that you'll be able to monitor from your mobile device.
Right out of the box the D-Link DCS-2630L 180 degree Wi-Fi security camera feels solid. Other Wi-Fi cameras on the market only offer a 130 degree (or less) field-of-view while the new D-Link DCS-2630L provides wall-to-wall surveillance from just one device. This is ideal for areas with several entry points and large rooms. Utilizing its distinctive de-warping technology, the Wide Eye 180 degree lens can take a “fish eye” viewpoint and convert it into a much more viewable video stream with less distortion. It also offers built-in night vision that provides up to 16 feet of view capability in total darkness.
The D-Link DCS-2630L unit is manually adjustable. You can twist the front of the camera 360 degrees, making it easy to keep it at eye level while mounting it anywhere you want in your home. On the sides of the camera are the WPS button, Micro USB power outlet, the power LED, a reset button and a microSD card slot that you can use for local recording.
This Full HD 1080p camera gave us vibrant details and clear image quality. A feature we often used was the camera's motion and sound detection ability. This meant we were able to receive alerts on our mobile device if there's suddenly a loud noise in our office or when movement was detected.
Most Impressive Features:
• 180 Degree Field of View - the widest angle lens available on a fixed consumer level camera
• Exclusive De-Warping Technology that maximizes video quality with significantly less distortion
• Latest Wi-Fi (802.11AC Wireless) technology for improved bandwidth and range
• Sound and Motion Detection Capability - Push notifications alert users of loud noises or detected motion
• Two-Way Audio via a built-in microphone and speaker that provides two-way communication capabilities
• MicroSD/SDXC card slot intended for local recording dependent on event triggers
• Night Vision capability - You'll be able to see approximately 16 feet in total darkness with the camera's IR LEDs
• Crystal clear image quality and rich detail for monitoring thanks to its full HD 1080p quality video capability
• The opportunity to remain connected on your mobile device using the mydlink Lite app. With the app users will be able to view video from a compatible Android, Apple® iOS, Android Windows Phone device. You'll know as it happens with smart alerts sent to your mobile device, receiving enhanced sound and motion detection alerts for additional peace of mind.
D-Link Full HD Ultra-Wide View Wi-Fi Camera (DCS-2630L) is available for $200 at Best Buy or from the D-Link website.
The D-Link Full HD Ultra-Wide View Wi-Fi Camera DCS-2630L beats out most of its competition with its impressive list of features, especially when you add in the fact that you can watch a complete room without the need to pan or tilt a camera and the fact that you won't be paying a monthly fee for cloud storage. This security camera provides affordable, dependable, state of the art peace of mind. What more could you possibly want from a security camera?