Sandbox Action-Adventure Crafting Game Set for Wii U Release in North America and Europe
505 Games and creator-developer Andrew Spinks’ Re-Logic announced today that 2D sandbox action-adventure game Terraria is coming to Wii U. The game will be available for retail on June 24 for Europe and June 28 in North America.
The long-awaited Wii U Edition of Terraria features intuitive touchscreen controls to allow players easy access to the world of Terraria, as well as several multiplayer options such as four-player local split-screen co-op and eight-player online multiplayer. Players can also post achievements on Miiverse leaderboards to track progress.
“Terraria on Wii U offers an amazing new experience on the Wii U gamepad,” said Dean Scott, Producer at 505 Games. “Using the gamepad touch screen controls, the Wii U version allows players the unique ability to dig deep into Terraria’s universe and build complicated structures by simply drawing on the screen.”
Terraria is a side-scrolling action-adventure that focuses on crafting unique items, exploring vast worlds and battling various enemies. It blends a traditional 2D combat system with expansive crafting mechanics and randomly generated pixel worlds.
The Wii U edition of Terraria also features:
· 14 different environments such as eerie dungeons, slippery ice wastes, wild jungles and more;
· Hundreds of craftable weapons, armor and items;
· More than 150 enemies ranging from zombies to armies of goblins;
· Epic boss battles that test players’ combat skills;
· Vast worlds of exploration that introduce new potions, magic, gear and more.