Enjoy the story-like adventure.
Developer GameTomo has announced its vibrant narrative adventure game Sumire is now available for Switch and PC via Steam for $14.99. Both versions will be on sale with a 10% discount until June 3rd, along with an art book and original soundtrack bundle on Steam for 20% off.
Set in a picturesque Japanese village, the title, featured in Nintendo Japan’s Indie World, follows a disenchanted girl named Sumire who must embark on a one-day journey to see the spirit of her grandmother again. As Sumire encounters mischievous guides, magical forest creatures, and quirky townspeople, players will make irreversible choices that unlock one of multiple endings when the day’s sky fades from twilight blue to evening violet.
“Sumire is a game about choice and regret. As the morning gradually unfurls into afternoon and night, our protagonist will come to terms with decisions she’s made that have affected her life and the lives of those around her,” says Michael Ely, Director at GameTomo. “We’re excited to witness players interpret Sumire’s journey in their own way, transforming a life unlived into a dream come true.”
Sumire will be able to accept or refuse requests from a variety of characters along her trip. The words spoken or actions taken during these meetings will grant players positive or negative karma, which in turn determine how the day ends. Fans should mull over their choices wisely, as Sumire may not come across the same opportunity twice.
Sumire Key Features
- Make a wish come true by completing a series of quests before night falls
- Experience a world where magic replaces the mundane
- Sumire’s adventure takes place over the course of a single day
- Unlock multiple endings determined by words, actions, and karma
- Explore a small town, forest shrines, and more, all rendered in an artistic watercolor style
- A relaxing original soundtrack, created by Japanese duo TOW, changes with the day’s events
- Discover collectibles, bonus items, tests of skill, and hidden challenges